Hawaii DMV Test Prep
Use the following HI(Hawaii) DMV practice tests to study for your DMV permit test, driver’s license test, and/or senior citizens’ refresher test.
Depending on your study style, you can choose to study by individual topics, do a DMV permit test simulation, and/or challenge yourself to the ultimate DMV marathon test that includes all of the test questions for Hawaii.
HI Marathon Test
HI Lane Change
What is the minimum age to apply for a driving permit in Hawaii?
What documents will I need to submit when applying for a driver's license in Hawaii?
- Proof of Identity such as your Birth Certificate
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of United States Legal Presence.
- Notarized application from Parents or Legal Guardians (if under 18 and your parents are unable to bring you)
How do I contact my nearest Hawaii DOT office?
On the Hawaii permit test, what will I be tested on?
What is the best way to study for the Hawaii permit test?
Is driver’s education required in order to get an Hawaii learner’s permit?
- You will have to hold your permit for at least 180 days before applying of your provisional license.
- You will need to take a state certified driver’s education course with a total of 30 classroom hours and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
- If you are age 21 or older, you will need to get an additional 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice from a licensed driver.
Is there a mobile Hawaii DMV Practice Test app for my iPhone/iPad and/or android device(s)?
How many questions are on the Hawaii DOT Test?
What's the passing mark for the Hawaii DMV Test?
How do I sign up for my permit test in Hawaii?
Which DMV office should I go to take my permit test in Hawaii?
How do I pass the Hawaii permit test?
There are 30 multiple choice questions on the permit test. You need to get at least 83% in order to pass. Remember, You are NOT allowed to use the driver’s handbook during your permit test. You are being tested on your ability to recall the rules of the road. Prepare yourself before you go in and you will see that you can do well without the manual.
I failed my Hawaii permit test, what should I do?
I passed my Hawaii permit test! Now what?
You will need to also complete 30 hours of classroom driver education with a at least 6 hours behind the wheel. You will also need to complete at least 50 hours of drive time, 10 of those hours must be done at night.
When can I take my road test?
Who may I have in the car with me while driving in Hawaii with a learner's permit?
Will I have to pass a road test when I move to Hawaii from another state？
- Provide Proof of Legal Presence
- Complete a Driver License Application
- Present Proof of your Social Security Number
- Present your Out-of-State license
Is my out-of-state learners permit valid in Hawaii?
Where do I find more driving-related information when moving to Hawaii?