Nevada DMV Test Prep
Use the following NV(Nevada) DMV practice tests to study for your DMV permit test, driver’s license test, and/or senior citizens’ refresher test.
Depending on your study style, you can choose to study by individual topics, do a DMV permit test simulation, and/or challenge yourself to the ultimate DMV marathon test that includes all of the test questions for Nevada.
What is the minimum age to apply for a driving permit in Nevada?
In Nevada, you may apply for your learner’s permit starting at age 15.5.
What documents will I need to submit when applying for a driver's license in Nevada?
If it is your first time applying for a license in Nevada, you will need to have:
- Proof of Identity such as a Birth Certificate or US Passport.
- Social Security Card or W-2 for proof of social security number
- Utility bill for proof of residence
- Minor Affidavit Sheet signed by parents (if under age 18)
- Signed Driver’s License Application also known as form DMV 002 (financial responsibility section must be signed by parents if under 18)
How do I contact my nearest Nevada DMV office?
On the Nevada permit test, what will I be tested on?
What is the best way to study for the Nevada permit test?
Is driver’s education required in order to get an Nevada learner’s permit?
Is there a mobile Nevada DMV Practice Test app for my iPhone/iPad and/or android device(s)?
How many questions are on the Nevada DMV Test?
What's the passing mark for the Nevada DMV Test?
How do I sign up for my permit test in Nevada?
Which DMV office should I go to take my permit test in Nevada?
How do I pass the Nevada permit test?
There are 50 multiple choice questions on the permit test. You need to get at least 80% in order to pass. Remember, You are NOT allowed to use the driver’s handbook during your permit test. You are being tested on your ability to recall the rules of the road. Prepare yourself before you go in and you will see that you can do well without the manual.
I failed my Nevada permit test, what should I do?
I passed my Nevada permit test! Now what?
If you are over 18 years old, you must get at least 50 hours of supervised driving with a licensed driver age 21 or older
If you are under 18 years old, you must complete driver’s education, you have 3 options to do this;
- You can go to a classroom course plus get 50 hours of driving experience with a supervising driver
- You can take an online course plus get 50 hours of driving experience with a supervising driver
- You can get 100 hours of driving experience with a supervising driver if a classroom course is not offered within a 30 mile radius of you and you don’t want to take an online course.
When can I take my road test?
During this time you must get 50 hours of supervised driving with a licensed driver age 21 or older. Teens under 18 would need to complete driver’s education in addition to 50 hours of driving experience or obtain 100 hours of driving experience if a classroom driver’s ed course is not within 30 miles of you and you don’t want to take an online course.
Who may I have in the car with me while driving in Nevada with a learner's permit?
Will I have to pass a road test when I move to Nevada from another state？
Is my out-of-state learners permit valid in Nevada?
Where do I find more driving-related information when moving to Nevada?